Appendixes to The Companion Bible
Dr. E.W. Bullinger
Water has put ALL
the 198 Appendixes of The Companion Bible on the site. The Appendixes were written
by Dr. E.W. Bullinger. For your convenience we have linked the Appendixes together
as Bullinger has done in The Companion Bible. We hope you enjoy the Appendixes.
The Companion Bible (KJV) is the absolute BEST Study Bible that I know of. Each
Book of the Bible is introduced, outlined and it's structure is shown. Every
page of the text has a parallel column jammed packed with explanatory notes.
Many of the Old Testament notes are based upon Ginzberg's Massorah (small writings
in the margins of the Hebrew texts). E. W. Bullinger, the Editor of The Companion
Bible, was the only Christian Ginzberg allowed to help him with his collection
of the Masoretic Notes or even to see them. This is the ONLY place I know where
an English reader has access to this extremely enlightening material. The New
Testament marginal notes are a great help to any Bible student, as well! Not
to mention the virtual treasure trove of Bible knowledge available in the 198
appendices in the back of the book. All these appendixes are listed below.
- The Structure of the Books of the Old Testament
according to the Hebrew Canon
- Genesis the Foundation of the Divine Revelation
- Genesis finds its Complement in the Apocalypse
- The Divine Names and Titles
- Creation versus Evolution
- Figures of Speech (Names and Definitions)
- Italic Type in the Revised Version
- The so-called "Creation Tablets"
- The Usage of the Word Ruach (Spirit)
- The Spiritual Significance of Numbers
- The Use of the Word "Day" in Genesis 1
- "The Stars also" (Gen. 1:16)
- The Usage of the Word Nephesh (Soul)
- The Synonymous Words used for "Man"
- Laws before Sinai
- The Occurrences of "Neshamah" (breath) (Gen.
- The Genitive Case
- "In the Day" (Gen. 2:17)
- The Serpent of Gen. 3
- The Posterity of Cain
- Enos: Gen. 4:26 ("calling on the Name of the
- The Chronology of the Patriarchs (Antediluvian)
- "The Sons of God" in Gen. 6:2, 4
- The 120 Years of Gen. 6:3
- The "Nephilim" of Gen. 6
- Noah "perfect" (Gen. 6:9)
- The Synonymous Words used for "Wine"
- Nimrod (Gen. 10:8,9 1Chron. 1:10)
- The Generations of Terah (including those of
Isaac and Jacob)
- The Massorah
- The Fifteen Extraordinary Points of the Sopherim
- The 134 Places where the Sopherim altered
"Jehovah" to "Adonai" (Gen. 18:3)
- The Eighteen Emendations of the Sopherim
- The Readings called Severin
- Sheol (Gen. 37:25)
- "Thy Salvation" (Gen. 49:18)
- The Pharaohs of Genesis and Exodus
- The Decalogue
- The Tabernacle
- The Cherubim
- The Asherah
- The Offerings
- The Synonymous Words for "Sin", "Trespass",
- The Order and Groupings of the Twelve Tribes
- Deuteronomy: References to the Book in New Testament
- "The Book of the Law"
- The Use of Various Types in the English Bible:
A.V. and R.V.
- "The Man of God" (Deut. 33:1)
- - Introduction to the Chronological Charts
- Chronological Charts I-VII
- Summary of Principal Events. (50. VIII.)
- Money and Coins; Weights and Measures
- Proper Names: Their Pronunciation
- The Sieges of Jerusalem
- The Moabite Stone
- The Dynasty of Omri
- The Parallel Passages in the Historical Books
- The Genealogy of the Persian Kings
- A Harmony of the Ezra-Nehemiah History
- The Twelve Gates of Jerusalem
- The Name of Jehovah in the Book of Esther
- Quotations from the Book of Job in the Bible
- The Septuagint Ending for the Book of Job
- The Book of Psalms. Miscellaneous Phenomena
- "To the Chief Musician"
- The Psalm Titles, and the Words employed in
- Hebrew Words in the Text of the Psalms. I. Higgaion.
- The Songs of the Degrees
- Trust. Synonymous Words for "Trust" in the Old
- Psalm 15, and "The Sermon on the Mount"
- "The Sufferings, and the Glory"
- The Parenthesis of the Present Dispensation
- The Ten Words of Psalm 119
- The Book of Proverbs: Introduction and Analysis
- Special Passages in the Book of Proverbs acquiring
- Supposed "later" Hebrew Words in Ecclesiastes
- The Chronological Order of the Prophets
- The Inter-relation of the Prophetic Books
- Isaiah. The Evidences for One Authorship
- Isaiah. Quotations and Allusions in the New
- The "Altar to Jehovah in the Land of Egypt"
- The Formulae of Prophetic Utterance (illustrating
Isa. 34 and 35)
- Jeremiah. The Chronological Order of his Prophecies
- The Septuagint Version of Jeremiah
- Jeremiah. A Type of Messiah
- "The Fourth Year of Jehoiakim" (Jer. 25:1) Being
Supplementary to Ap. 50
- "Pharaoh's House in Tahpanhes" (Jer. 43:9) With
- The Millennial "Sanctuary" and "Oblation" of
Ezekiel 40-48 (with Diagram)
- The Visions of Daniel (Chs. 7-12) are synchronous
- The "Times" and numbered "Days" of Dan. 7:25;
8:14; 12:7, 11, 12 (with Diagram)
- The "Seventy Weeks" of Dan. 9:24-27 (with Diagram)
- The References to the Pentateuch by the Prophets
- The Alleged "Corruptions" of the Hebrew Text
- The Greek Text of the New Testament
- The N.T. and the Order of its Books
- The Diversity of the Four Gospels
- The Unity of the Four Gospels
- The Divine Names and Titles in the New Testament
- The Two Genealogies of Matthew 1 and Luke 3
- The Six Marys
- The Usage of Pneuma in the N.T.
- The Synonymous Words for "Will" and "Wish"
- The First Fulfilment of Prophecy in the N.T.
- The Usage of Negatives in the N.T.
- The Synonymous Words for "Appear", "Appearing",
- The Principle underlying the Quotations from
- The Synonymous Words for "Child", "Children",
- The Herods of the New Testament
- The Use of Psuche in the N.T.
- The Synonymous Words for "Repent", "Repentance",
- The Synonymous Expressions for "Kingdom"
- The "Kingdom" and the "Church"
- The "Kingdom of Heaven" and the "Kingdom of
- "Baptize", "Baptism", &c.
- The Temptations of our Lord in Matthew and
- The Lord's Knowledge: I. Of the Past II. Of
- "If": The Various Conditions conveyed by its
- The Fourfold Ministry of our Lord
- The Synagogue; and Jewish Sects
- The Synonymous Words for "Preach"
- The Synonymous Words for "Judge". "Condemn".
- The Synonymous Words for "Man"
- The Synonymous Words for "Other" and "Another"
- The Synonymous Words for "Perfect"
- The Eight Beatitudes of Matt. 5 and the Eight
Woes of Matt. 23
- The Synonymous Words for "Poor"
- The Synonymous Words for "Sin", "Wickedness",
- The Synonymous Words for "World", "Earth",
- The Synonymous Words for "Light"
- The Synonymous Words for "Hell"
- The Synonymous Words for "Know", "Knowledge",
- The Synonymous Words for "See", "Look", "Behold",
- The Synonymous Words for "Pray" and "Prayer"
- The Synonymous Words for "Love"
- The Synonymous Words for "Wash"
- The Synonymous Words for "Worship"
- The Double Miracles of Matt. 9:18; Mark 5:22;
and Luke 8:41
- "Dead" and "The Dead"
- "The Gospel of the Kingdom" and Other "Gospels"
- The Twelve Apostles
- "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear"
- "Have ye not read?"
- The "Three Days" and "Three Nights" of Matt.
- The Eight Parables of Matt. 13
- "The Foundation of the World"
- "Thou art Peter" (Matt. 16:18)
- "The Third Day"
- The Transfiguration (Matt. 17:1-8, &c.)
- "Believe": The Use of the Word in various Connections
- "Everlasting", "Eternal", "For ever", &c.
- The Healing of the Blind Men at Jericho
- The Two Entries into Jerusalem
- "What think ye of Christ?"
- The Two Great Prophecies of "the End of the
Age" (Luke 21; and Matt. 24, Mark 13)
- "Six Days before the Passover"
- The Three Suppers
- The Two Anointings
- "This is My Body"
- The Denials of Peter
- The Purchase of the Potter's Field (Matt. 27:6-10)
- The Cross and Crucifixion
- The Inscriptions of the Cross
- The "Others" crucified with the Lord
- The Hours of the Lord's Last Day
- The Sequence of Events following the Lord's
- The Three Commissions
- The Last Twelve Verses of Mark's Gospel
- Galilee (Map)
- The Synonymous Words for "Life"
- The Synonymous Words for "Sleep"
- The Synonymous Words for "Power", &c.
- "To-day" (Luke 23:43)
- The Synonymous Words for "Send", "Sent", &c.
- The Synonymous Words for "True"
- The Eight "Signs" in John's Gospel
- The Synonymous Words for "Judgment"
- The Synonymous Words for "Raise", "Resurrection",
- - I. Parallel Datings of the Times of our
- II. Dates of "The Begetting" and
the Nativity, &c.
- III. "The Course of Abia"
- Map illustrating the Missionary Journeys and
Last Voyage of the Apostle Paul
- Chronology of "Acts"
- The Dispensational Position of the Book of
- The Lord's Brethren
- "This is That" (Acts 2:16)
- The Synonymous Words for "Grace", &c.
- The Formulae of Baptism in "Acts" and the Epistles
(in relation to Matt. 28:19, 20)
- Ekklesia, Church
- The Burying of the Patriarchs (Acts 7:15, 16)
- "Another King" (Acts 7:18, 19)
- Apostles: Elders: Prophets
- The Synonymous Words for "Servant", "Serve",
- "Just", "Justify", &c.
- The Pauline Epistles
- The Mystery
- "The Spirits in Prison" (1 Peter 3:19)
- The Different Ages and Dispensations of God's
Dealings with Men
- "Reconcile", "Reconciliation", &c.
- The Revelation
- The Eternal Purpose
E.W. Bullinger was born on December 15 in Canterbury, England. He was a direct
descendent of the great Swiss Reformer Johann Heinrich Bullinger, a covenant
theologian, who succeeded Zwingli in Zurich in December of 1531.
Bullinger was educated at King's College, London. He was a recognized scholar
in the field of biblical languages. The Archbishop of Canterbury granted him
an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree in 1881 in recognition of his biblical
Some of his best known works are:
Bullinger died on June 6, 1913, in London, England, leaving behind a wonderful
legacy of works to help us in the study of God's Word. The best known is "The
Companion Bible". Bullinger began to work on the Companion Bible in 1908. When
he died in 1913, he was ready with the Old Testament and the Gospels. Others
have finished "The Companion Bible" after his dead..
Home | About LW | Site Map | LW Publications | Search
Developed by ©
Levend Water All rights reserved