123. THE SYNONYMOUS WORDS
Sometimes the word "man" is added in translating the Masc. Gender of
Adjectives or Nouns, in which case it is not one of the words given below.
- anthropos = an individual of the Genus Homo;
a human being as distinct from animals. See Ap. 98. XVI, for "the
Son of man".
- aner = an adult male person. Lat. vir,
an honourable title (as distinct from mere "man", No. 1); hence,
used of a husband.
- tis = some one, a certain one.
- arren = a male; of the male sex.
- arsen = The same as No. 4; being the old Ionic
form, as No. 4 is the later Attic form.
- teleios = one who has reached maturity as to
age or qualification, or by initiation. Rendered "man" in 1Cor.
14:20. See note there; also Ap. 125. 1, and cp. 1Cor. 2:6.
Home | About LW | Site Map | LW Publications | Search
Developed by ©
Levend Water All rights reserved